Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Monday, December 2, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
The Teen Wolf Cast: Slaying It Since 2011
- ALLISON IS A TALL EMPRESS.
- poor sad derek is the only single one here.
- isaac is SO goth now. ilu, cherub-faced angstgoth isaac.
- don’t the girls’ legs get chilly??
- now i’m just imagining allison and lydia twisting their ankles in their high-heeled booties, and grazing their poor bare knes on the ground. :((
- Arden Cho does get to wear flat boots, but she’s totally gonna trip over her shoelaces anyway, so it balances out.
- HOW LONG IS TYLER HOECHLIN’S NECK. seriously. expand the picture. his neck is the same length as his head.
- considering the setting (ie, derek’s tragically unfurnished hellhole loft), i’m waiting for them to all start doing a dramatic street dance sequence like in Step Up or something.
- actually the more i look at this, the more i think the guys look like a boyband. it’s like, three female TV characters + an actual boyband. scott is the nice everyman lead singer. stiles is the fun jokey one. isaac is the slightly weird & impish one, like louis tomlinson. derek is the gorgeous silent one who scowls a lot, like a mean version of zayn malik. perfect.
- at this point i’m pretty sure all the dudes just share the xact same wardrobe.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Anonymous asked: thinking about it p. sure only stiles (who wears graphic tees) and isaac (who wears cardigans) wears something other than henleys and leather jackets :I at least the girl's wardrobe has diversity...
yeah, i always find the men’s costumes in teen wolf to be kinda lol, because almost EVERYONE is wearing very, very, very similar outfits. all the “adult” guys have the EXACT same wardrobe (except gerard, who is ~old, and the obviously the sheriff and his uniform), and scott is almost dressing like them now. it’s just this vast acreage of dark-coloured henley shirts, plain dark tight t-shirts, leather jackets, the occasional tight sweater, and casual jeans. stiles is still a bit more t-shirty and plaid-wearing, and isaac has his knitwear thing. but otherwise: lol. not that i’d want to disparage the costume designer or anything. allison and lydia have really great, individual styles, and i think most of the reason for the uniformity of the male characters is down to making them look “hot” and “normal”, and because there are SO MANY mid-level american TV shows where every single guy dresses like that. SO MANY.
Monday, November 18, 2013
Sunday, November 17, 2013
when raleigh walks around and does the thing (◕‿◕✿)
now that’s the walk of a man so low on funds he can’t afford a smaller belt and never expected to need one but is also low enough on funds to be losing a significant amount of weight and how does one solve all these problems what seemingly nonchalant mannerism can you develop over time to compensate for weight loss and not enough money to switch out your wardrobe hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder
Friday, November 15, 2013
New favorite show! Man, I want all of Miss Fisher’s clothes.
Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries. Filmed Fed 2013. Aired September 2013
THIS SHOW GUYS
I just started watching it and it is the best. Lady detectives + amazing 1920s clothes + adorableness.
I will do a proper rec post probably tomorrow.
Monday, November 11, 2013
i’m embroiled in a fight with my doctor who nemesis theoncominghope cuz i LOVE this ridiculous new rose tyler costume and she HATES it. i don’t know anything about Day of the Doctor (and i don’t want spoilers!!) but this costume is amazing for multiple totally valid reasons.
- billie piper is a goddess.
- POST-APOCALYPTIC STYLE
- bedsheet as skirt. fuck you.
- sensible warm shoes for running. lots of running in doctor who. poor martha had to wear heels all the time, presumably because freema agyeman is 5’2”.
- who the hell can wear tights for more than 3 hours without getting holes in them, anyway?
- awesome raggedy sweater that looks like a Demobaza original that would probably cost $300 IRL.
- black nail polish because Goth Lyfe.
- cool 2nd-knuckle finger rings cuz she’s a trendster.
- rose tyler makeup because rose tyler makeup is the best.
- ULTIMATE FERAL SWEATER GURL.
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Anonymous asked: First off I love your everything. I was just wondering if you were going to talk about the costumes in your Thor review? Because I have a lot of feelings re: Sif and Frigga's respective lady armour and the fact that Thor was wrapped up in a blanket for half the movie, and I don't really know what to do with them on my own.
yeah i’ll probably do a costume post! you know, eventually, cos i haven’t even finished posting all the parts of the ~regular review~ yet lol.
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Anonymous asked: How did you get into costume design?
i’ve just always loved clothes and fashion! in the last year of primary school everyone had to do a year-long private study project and i produced like, an entire book on fashion history lol. i probably put way more research and time into it than my university dissertation. ;) i didn’t study costume design or fashion or anything formally, though. as for costume design, i just sort of decided to start blogging about it one day, and set up hellotailor. before that, i’d written about catwalk fashion on my livejournal, but i’d never really written a “costume review” as far as i recall.
(via Genevieve Valentine - Fall TV Costume Hilarity: Reign)
Reign: A Show I Watched Other People Watching
@cleolinda: SUSAN!! RT @GLValentine: Anna Popplewell, in strapless prom dress: “I look of age now.” I mean, technically, sure! #reign
@cleolinda: Are you shitting me RT @snacky: Susan’s name in this show is the period-appropriate “Lola.”
@cleolinda: I just RT @snacky: The other Scottish ladies-in-waiting are Greer, Kenna, and Aylie.
@cleolinda: Real talk: at least 60% of the women on this show should be named Mary, and the rest are Margarets, Elizabeths and Katherines.
@cleolinda: I told you. RT @GLValentine: Mary’s attendants were all named Mary. They’re now Lola, Kenna, Greer, and Aylee. #Reign has no fucks to give.
@tiff_fb: I saw the pilot at NYCC. The whole thing is just awful from start to finish.
@tiff_fb: I let things slide re: Sleepy Hollow cause of all the time traveling but this? I cannot.
@cleolinda: Awful-awful or hilarious-awful?
@tiff_fb: hilarious-awful. I couldn’t stop freaking out about the historical inaccuracies regarding clothes alone.
@cleolinda: GET OUTTA TOWN RT @KiranPeg: THE CLOTHES ARE FROM URBAN OUTFITTERS AND FREE PEOPLE. THE COSTUME DESIGNER SAID SO IN EW.
@cleolinda: I KNEW IT RT @KiranPeg: nope totally true. She wants to make it so VIEWERS CAN DRESS LIKE THE CHARACTERS.
@annejumps: Are there ruffs? Tell me there are ruffs
@cleolinda: If there aren’t ruffs I’m not sure I can be having with this.
@KiranPeg: There are. Also I wore one of the ladies in waitings dresses to a wedding this year
@KiranPeg: IT WAS A BEACH WEDDING TOO.
@cleolinda: What I love is not that you can wear the same dress. It’s that YOU ALREADY HAVE.
@cleolinda: WHAT IS HAPPENING OVER THERE RT @particle_p: I just turned it on and saw IKEA furniture!
@cleolinda: Sold. RT @snacky: Anne of Green Gables is the Queen of France and Mary’s future mother-in-law. Her bff is Nostradamus. #reign
#what the fresh hell #costumes
The CW made a teen soap about Mary, Queen of Scots. It sounds like a masterpiece.