I SCREAMED A LOT WHEN THIS HAPPENED.
dollhouse wasn’t a perfect show or anything, but now whenever ANYONE on tv asks, “did i fall asleep?” i always assume the answer will be, “for a little while.”
Coulson + “conversations” with May
I like that this combined with Phil in the Avengers tells us that Phil will keep talking incessantly when the person he’s with doesn’t say anything.
i loved this characterisation detail so much in the most recent episode. COULSON: SEMI-PROFESSIONAL PESTERER. he loooves to pester.
p.s. i actually laughed out loud several times during this latest episode. THANK GOD THIS SHOW IS FINALLY NON-TERRIBLE. if it keeps going like this, i’m gonna rec it to people as, “watch the pilot, then skip straight to 1x06”.
- Clark Gregg really was performing at maximum Cute Dad status in this one, wasn’t he?
- I can’t tell if Skye’s incredibly awkward ~emotional bonding~ dialogue is just bad writing, or if she’s purposefully trying to get on Coulson’s good side in order to better infiltrate SHIELD. Either way, this show still appears to think that it’s OK for characters to literally narrate their character development directly to the audience??
- If Skye is trying to infiltrate SHIELD by getting all friendly with Coulson, I assume that Coulson will see through it. Then, in the finale, there’ll be a revelation scene where he’s all, “I’m disappointed in you, Skye,” and then she’ll decide to side with SHIELD after all. Coulson always plays the long game.
— Agents of SHIELD: Eye Spy.
- Why, in a show where half the main castmembers are white men, are they airing episodes where all the main guest actors (Quinn; Dr Hall; the SHIELD agent trucker) are also white men?
- Ward has got to be one of the blandest characters I have ever seen. He’s so bland I don’t even dislike him as much as I did last week. I can’t muster the energy. (Commentary from @queerly_it_is: “I can’t decide if it’s a sad accident or some kind of meta statement about white male hero characters.”)
- We’re three episodes in, and Melinda May has still not really been given anything to do.
— Agents of SHIELD, “The Asset”, at HelloTailor.